Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Short Film Workshop

Our film projects are finally getting into full swing. I'm excited, but also a little nervous. There's so much I hadn't thought about, like getting permission to film at locations. Of course, I'm sure that isn't absolutely neccessary, but posting bail would probably be more of a hassle than just getting permission in the first place. Actually, I think we're going to be filming primarily around campus, which should cut down on the paperwork a bit.

Overall, things are coming together quite well. We've got a second draft of the script done, we've got the guitar, skull, and required lines incorporated, and we have our stars lined up. The only thing standing in our way is that blasted cheese grater.

One thing I hadn't thought about that could pose a slight problem is the soundtrack. It hadn't even crossed my mind that we'd have to get permission to use music in the film. (I should be ashamed, considering I work in a law office.) I think we've found a way around that though. We're going to use classical music (because when I'm not having delusions that I'm Hitchcock, I'm having delusions that I'm Kubrick). Copyright law protects all musical recordings, but the actual sheet music for classical music has entered public domain, so we ought to be able to find either public domain or creative commons licenses recordings.

Of course, I'm sure that once we jump that particular hurdle, something else will come up. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment