Tuesday, April 27, 2010

There's really not much to say about the movie this week. After we finished filming last week we haven't really made any progress. Our plan was to et Eric to digitize our tape for us in class last thursday so we could hand it off to our editor and begin the last stage of the process. However, I had to run back across campus after class had started to pick up the camera from a group member who couldn't make the meeting, and that ended up putting us last in line for the digitization process. We ran out of time and didn't get done.

I've spent a good deal of time since then trying to work out how to get the footage digitized before next thursday (the next time Eric is available to digitize), but so far I haven't had any success. The camera does not like my computer, apparently. I couldn't even get them to reconize each other. The external hard drive must be in cahoots with the camera, because even though it said it was capturing it didn't capture the tape. I only found this out after spending twelve hours transfering the 90 gigabytes of files on the hard drive first to my home computer, which has the necessary firewire port but won't recognize the file type, and then from there to my laptop, which doesn't have firewire but can open the files. All in all, it was a less than productive experience.

Oh well. So it goes. Overall I'm very pleased with what we've accomplished, and I'm sure we'll get everything finished on schedule even with this setback. We'll just keep buggering on.

No comments:

Post a Comment